Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Controversy

Let's take a break from the busy life of the city, get a cup of your favourite drink, sit down, and contemplate about current events. Doesn't hurt to deviate from your daily routine and move those gears in your mind a little, does it? Go on, I'm waiting.

Day 70 something of Occupying Central. The hot topic of all the people in the grand and hectic city of Hong Kong. Was it justified? Yes, anything can be if you try hard enough. Did the police do anything wrong? They might, given the over use of force everyone talks about. Did the students do anything wrong? Personally, it's not all their fault.

If I had to pick out a word to describe the people who conceived this idea, it would either be pioneering or idealistic. Let's face it, yes it's a good thing to work out ideas and oppose the government we have now, but I do have to say you might be too idealistic. Look, it's the bloody PRC. The Great Party aren't going to take any from you just because you blocked the major economy districts of a small harbour city. Life goes on, all quiet. They're just going to develop another city with more docile citizens and hope it works out. They're not going to fret just because a small city is blocked by a bunch of students. It might not be a welcomed opinion but face it, when has life ever been kind on those not born into power or lucky enough to grasp it?

The police? Cut them some slack. True, at first I did believe they were just doing their jobs, but it does seem they're a little bit too "passionate" in "fulfilling their duties". I mean, come on, you're going to beat up an innocent bystander just because you haven't slept for like 72 hours and is trying to follow orders?  Eh, don't take my word for it, I'm completely biased.

Now, onto the second topic I'd like to talk about.

Hitler. The bad guy of the bloody hell of an event that is World War II. True, he may have been an asshole to the Jews, but you do have to admit he was quit a man. Let's rewind the tape to a little bit before WWII and sometime after WWI. Hitler rose to power, and guess what he did to the country's crumbling economics? He fixed it. He made the crumbling economy recover, annexed a butt load of territories belonging to ethnic Germans, and he was an alright guy to his own people. Of course, we can't overlook the fact that his aggressive foreign policies and actions caused a lot of trouble (read: WWII), we still can't deny his excellent decisions regarding his own country and his skills to manipulate the crowd.

I'm not all for the whole "Hitler did nothing wrong" or the "Communist Party rules!" stuff, but some of what I have said here can contribute to playing Devil's Advocate, and should you want to explore these ideas further please do it in your own time.

And lastly, I am not here to start an argument of why Occupying Central is a thing or how big of a prick Hitler and his shorts were, I'm just here to express controversy. To (hopefully) express that it is rather impossible to have an entire society to agree with each other's thoughts. Life would be a bore otherwise, don't you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment